Cleanliness: the highest set expectation and the most judged aspect of every Airbnb.
Guests (even ones who aren’t clean freaks) agree that their review, referral rate, and overall experience is largely influenced by how clean and tidy an Airbnb is. Hosts too, know that this is an important factor, and one that impacts their star ratings, because once checked out, guests are prompted to rate their Airbnb on a series of categories, one being: “Cleanliness. Did guests feel that the space was clean and tidy?”
So, how can you make sure to consistently hit the 5-star mark? Provide a squeaky clean stay each and every time! Kick off your spring cleaning by following this simple room-by-room cleaning checklist and guide after each stay!
✅ The Bathroom
Aside from the bedroom, the bathroom is the most high-traffic room of an Airbnb, and probably the dirtiest, too. Cleaning it in its entirety—after every guest—helps achieve a spotless look and prevents foul odors or buildup from forming.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a cleaning solution or disinfecting wipes: sink, countertops, toilet, shower, and bathtub.
- Change face and body towels and bath mats.
- Restock any amenities such as soap, toilet paper, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Vacuum and mop floors.
✅ The Bedroom
Despite this being the room in which guests spend most of their time, it may actually be the easiest to clean. The main point here is to provide a tidy, comfortable space for guests to stay, and inturn, earn their 5 stars.
- Change sheets and pillow cases.
- Freshen bedding and blankets.
- Dust all surfaces.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Restock amenities, such as facial tissues.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor.
✅ The Kitchen
Though many guests don’t spend time in the kitchen, ensuring it’s clean and welcoming is just as important as any other room.
- Wipe down counters, appliances, and sink with a cleaning solution or disinfecting wipes.
- Wash dishes and ensure they’re free of streaks and residue.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Restock items offered to guests, such as water, snacks, paper towels, etc.
✅ Common Areas & Exterior
Just because guests may not spend time in these areas, doesn’t mean they aren’t seen by them, or that they don’t consider them when rating your overall cleanliness.
- Dust indoor surfaces.
- Fluff and arrange indoor pillows and throws.
- Reset any items or decorations such as TV remotes, magazines, patio furniture, etc.
- Sweep indoor and outdoor areas.
- Remove any cobwebs from the exterior.
More than Clean, Pristine!
Though some rooms may technically be clean, they may not appear that way. Surfaces that are often ignored, such as windows and cabinets, or things that are hard to remove, such as carpet and water stains, take a certain level of expertise to clean. Home Hotel Luxury Cleaning offers full Airbnb cleaning services in Santa Fe, New Mexico ranging from freshenings and deep cleanings, to bedmaking and dry cleaning. Whether you want to go above and beyond for your guests each and every time, or need a deep cleaning once a month, call the cleaning experts at (505) 401-4032!